Why Is It Essential to Undertake Physical Therapy Right After A Car Accident? About 6 million car accidents take place in the USA every year. Out of them, more than 2.5 million rear-end collisions. These are the most common type of car accident that causes the injury namely whiplash. It happens as the neck goes beyond the usual range of motion. The common symptoms of whiplash are,
- No range of motion in the neck
- Stiffness and ache in the neck, head, and shoulders
- Chronic headaches or migraines
- Numbness in the upper part
- Memory issues
- Occasional blurred vision
These symptoms might not appear instantly. But the victims must get medical attention promptly so their health condition can be assessed. Delay in treatment may result in damages in the long run. It may cause reduced mobility, chronic pain, stress disorder, and so on. However, there are centers for proper Car Accident Physical Therapy Davie. The professionals in such facilities are trained and experienced enough to handle such symptoms.
Benefits of physical therapy post-car accidents
There are many reasons to seek the care of physical therapists after a car accident. And below are some of them to mention.
- It supports and speeds up the process of recovery – The victims often can’t understand the effects of a car accident until they get back to normal life. Common issues may include decreased range of motion, stiffness, migraine, body pain, and so on. Car accident patients must undertake physical therapy to recover. It helps patients increase their flexibility and strength while reducing pain symptoms eventually.
- It prevents damages in the long run – Car Accident Physical Therapy Davie helps addressing immediate injuries. It also prevents damages in the long run. Car accidents often cause lingering damages if the patients don’t undertake any therapy promptly. If you start the therapy immediately after the mishap, you can live your life in a better and relatively pain-free way for the rest of your life. If the issues are not addressed immediately, the patients might suffer from degenerative disc diseases.
- It helps to reduce body pains – Being active always helps to reduce any kind of pain. It’s not that you should stop moving around after an accident. Rather you should remain physically active in order to recover fast while getting rid of the pain. Having complete bed rest won’t help you recover from the accident outcomes. Physical therapy is meant for addressing pain points as well as poor body mechanics. Every exercise your physical therapist recommends has a particular purpose and goal to improve body functionalities and mobility. As the patients regain more functionalities, they will be closer to a complete recovery.
- PT helps patients avoid surgery–Serious injuries need surgeries right away. Non-life-threatening mishaps may also need surgery at times. A car accident damage is a combination of wear and tear which may need surgery even during the later phase of life. But such operations may be avoided with proper physical therapy. It helps to strengthen vulnerable tendons, muscles, and ligaments. As a result, the victims can protect different structures all through the body. Moreover, Advanced Physical Therapy Davie is a less-expensive treatment for reduced pain.
So, being a victim, you shouldn’t avoid going through physical therapy to recover fast from the injuries you’re suffering from.